Parents Whose Newborn Died From a Kiss: 'This Was a Freakish Accident'
Parents Whose Newborn Died From a Kiss: 'This Was a Freakish Accident' – Latest News Today
A heartbroken family has bid farewell to their 18-day-old baby who died from meningitis after her parents believe she was kissed by someone carrying the herpes virus. On July 1, Mariana Sifrit was welcomed into the world, the day her mom and dad were married. But at one week old, she began to act strangely. Baby Sifrit was diagnosed with the HSV-1 virus but her parents, Shane and Nicole, are not sure how she got it. The parents buried her in a pink coffin and hope others learn from Mariana’s death. #InsideEdition