The 5 Biggest Mistakes People Make In Their 20’s (And How To Avoid Them!)
The 5 Biggest Mistakes People Make In Their 20’s (And How To Avoid Them!) – Latest News Today
These are the 5 biggest mistakes I see people making in their 20’s – and how you can avoid them. Enjoy! Add me on Snapchat/Instagram: GPStephan
Learn how to start and grow your career as a Real Estate Agent to a Six-Figure Income, how to best build your network of clients, expand into luxury markets, and the exact steps I’ve used to grow my business from $0 to over $120 million in sales: https://goo.gl/UFpi4c
Join the private Real Estate Facebook Group:
1. The first, and probably biggest one is living above your means and living a lifestyle that you can’t afford. This is also probably the most common one I see – and it’s easy to get carried away. It’s also easy to fall into this if everyone around you is spending money to the point where you feel compelled to spend more than you normally would, so you’re not left out. While you shouldn’t necessarily hold yourself back for fear of spending money, you shouldn’t be worried about saying ’no’ if you really can’t afford something. Make sure you have a 3-6 month emergency fund saved up so you have a cushion in case something happens, and do your best to manage your expenses. And remember to always live within or below your means – you can always increase your spending later if you really want, but that’s easier to do once you already have a healthy savings.
2. The second mistake I see so many people making is not building up their credit score. Building up your credit as early as you can will give you a significant advantage later on if you ever decide to buy a house or invest in real estate, buy or lease a car, rent an apartment, or finance just about everything. This doesn’t mean you need to spend any more than you normally would, or you need to go in debt just to improve your credit score…just treat the credit card exactly like it’s an extension of your cash. When you’re over the age of 18, just go and get a secured credit card. Don’t get carried away, you don’t need to charge thousands on the card, just gas or food money every now and then and you’re good.
3. The third mistake is when people just wait around, expecting something to magically happen to them. The realization is that nothing will happen if you don’t take the initiative to make it happen. And it’s sad that most people aren’t taught how to actually go after what they want…in school, you’re told exactly what you need to do and when you need to do it by. But in life, no one expects you to do anything, and you won’t get handed anything. I see too many people just waiting for the right opportunities to come along, but they don’t do anything to actively seek out those opportunities. If you want something to happen, YOU will need to make it happen – YOU will need to be the one to decide what you want and how you will get there.
4. The 4th mistake I see if people being too afraid to take chances. Your 20’s are a time where you can AFFORD to take risks and be okay, because with each failure comes with the knowledge and experience of what not to do. Sometimes you’ll just need to take the leap of faith to pursue something and your 20’s is the perfect time to do that…before you’re tied down, before you’re married, before you have kids, before you have too much to lose…take the riskier career option. Start your business. Don’t be stupid, of course, but you can afford more risk in your 20’s than you can in your 50’s.
5. Stay healthy. Stay in shape. Exercise. Get enough sleep every night. Take care of yourself. When you take care of yourself, you’ll be sharper, you’ll make more money, you’ll be happier, and you’ll live longer. These are habits that are easy to start when you’re young and keep them consistent, than putting it off forever.
For business inquiries or one-on-one real estate investing/real estate agent consulting or coaching, you can reach me at GrahamStephanBusiness@gmail.com
The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: http://goo.gl/TPTSVC
Your money or your life: https://goo.gl/fmlaJR
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor: https://goo.gl/sV9xtl
How to Win Friends and Influence People: https://goo.gl/1f3Meq
Think and grow rich: https://goo.gl/SSKlyu
Awaken the giant within: https://goo.gl/niIAEI
The Book on Rental Property Investing: https://goo.gl/qtJqFq